So I’ve made various pulled pork crock pot recipes in the past, and while those are more of the BBQ saucy style, I wanted something to use to make sliders.. with coleslaw and fresh rolls! This is a GREAT recipe just for that! Make your coleslaw the night before, set the pulled pork ingredients in the crockpot in the morning and let it do all the work! Easy dinner! And excellent for leftovers.
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and cut in half
- 3 to 3 ½ pounds pork shoulder, cut in half
- In a medium size mixing bowl, mix together the first six ingredients (all of the spices) with a fork.
- Pour in the honey, vinegar, and olive oil and stir to form a paste.
- Place the onion in the bottom of the slow cooker. Top it with the 2 pieces of pork and then pour the honey paste over all sides of the pork pieces. It’s okay if some of it (or a lot of it) just drips down to the bottom.
- Turn the slow cooker on to low and cook for 7 to 8 hours or until the meat is tender enough to be easily shredded with a fork.
- Serve warm with coleslaw and rolls.
- Ps. Minus the rolls, this is a great paleo dish! 🙂 Serve with some optional avocado on the side (because avocado goes with almost everything!).
Thank you 100 Days of Real Food!