I modified this from a recipe that my dad recently made up. It was delicious when he made it, and it was delicious with the modifications I made. Basically….play around and get a yummy meal 🙂 That said…it’s not pretty haha, but who cares?!Ingredients
- 2 Cups uncooked beans
- 2 Pork Sirloid Tips or tenderloins
- 1 large onion
- 2 1/2 Cups low sodium chicken Stock
- 1 1/2 Cups of red wine
- 2 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- Salt and Pepper
The night before-
- Soak beans overnight. Put them in the crockpot and cover with 4 inches of water.
Drain water from beans
Dice onion and put into the crockpot.
- Dig holes for the pork and place them into the crockpot.
- Add Chicken Stock
- Pour wine into measure cup and add spices, garlic, and mustard. Stir it all up until blended (try not to cry over wasted wine, because it really adds some great flavor-alcohol burns out :)) Pour that into crockpot too.
- Grind salt and pepper over it.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Garnish with whatever you want. I did avocado and Siracha.
This makes a lot! I’m feeding 5, and still had leftovers for another meal. Modify how you want, or freeze for delicious leftovers!