This recipe is in no way original (nor is it Paleo-sorry!), but it’s SO easy and good that I had to share. The best part? You take about 10 minutes to get it going in the morning/afternoon, your house smells delicious all day, and then you take about 10 minutes and it’s ready for dinner. LOVE THAT!
- Pork Loin (amount depends on how many people you have to feed)
- 1 Onion
- 1 Can of coke (or any regular sugared soft drink-most of it gets poured out after!)
- 2-3 shredded carrots (I cheat and buy the shredded bags from Trader Joe’s :))
- Jar of your favorite BBQ sauce
- Chop onion and place in your slowcooker/crockpot
- Place the Pork tenderloin on top of the onions
- Pour the Coke/whatever soft drink you use over the top until it almost covers it.
- Cook on low for 6+ hours (it won’t get dried out)
- About an hour before it’s done (or less), add the shredded carrots (you don’t need the carrots. I just added these the last time I made them for some extra veggies.)
- When it’s done cooking, drain all but about 1 cup of the liquid. Shred the pork and add BBQ sauce.
Serve on your favorite bun (we did ciabatta this last time), or serve on a salad for a low carb option!