This is a basic and yummy chocolate chia pudding! I eat it for breakfast, or as a power snack. What’s the big deal about chia? Is it just a fad? Well, 2013 definitely seemed to be “year of the chia” but it’s stuck around. Chia seeds are supposed to be rich in omega-3 fatty acids, and packed with vitamins and minerals. They can be eaten raw or soaked (they absorb ~12 times weight in liquid when soaked) and are an easy add to smoothies, energy bars, yogurt, and more.
I made another pudding with chia seeds recently, the Raw “Tapioca” Pudding. That recipe called for cashews and was very yummy, but this one is nut free. You can adjust the amount of sweetness to taste. Lauren also made a Chia Pudding with Blackberries and Honey and that is another great staple recipe.
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can coconut milk, blended
- 1/2 cup water
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 2 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp agave, maple syrup or honey
- sprinkle of celtic sea salt
- Combine blended coconut milk, water, and chia seeds in a jar and shake well
- Add cacao powder, stevia, and salt and shake well
- Refrigerate overnight to let chia seeds soften and absorb liquid
- Serve and enjoy! 🙂
Inspired and slightly modified from the original. Thanks Elana’s Pantry!
Simple, yet delicious! 🙂
Thanks @Delicious Peace of Mind! Enjoy. 🙂
Is there any way to sub protein into this?
Hi @fellochrist! That’s a great idea! I’ve not tried that, but I bet you could add some of your favorite protein powder.. whey (if you do dairy), egg-white, or other..