One of the many things I love about social media is the creativity it sparks. It can also spark feelings of inadequacy, but that’s another post for another day 😉 I’ve seen a lot of posts about chia pudding/porridge/smoothies around Instagram, and it got me thinking about the ginormous bag of chia seeds in our cupboard. The Huz goes online and buys various things to put in his after work out smoothies. This was one of them, yet he wasn’t putting it in the smoothies. Not sure why, but I hate for things to go to waste! So…I thought I’d make some pudding!
I am always looking for easy healthy desserts, and this totally fits the bill! I haven’t tested it out on the boys yet (who would be harsher critics), but Maya gobbled it up and asked for more 🙂 And, with a little extra drizzle of raw honey, I did too haha. Ingredients
- 1/3 cup chia seeds (or more depending on how many people you want to feed-this would make about four to five 1/2 cup servings)
- 2 Cups unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (or whatever milk you want to use)
- 1 Tablespoon raw honey or agave, plus a little additional for drizzling.
- Raw Unsweetened Coconut shavings to sprinkle on top (got mine for totally cheap at the bulk section of PCC)
- 1 cup of blackberries (or whatever berry you’d like to use!)
- Mix, chia seeds and Honey/Agave in with the milk and let it sit overnight, or do it first thing in the morning, if you want to have it for dessert. It will plump up, and ends up looking like tapioca pudding.
- Scoop out into bowls. Top with berries, coconut and drizzle a little more honey over the top.
Keeping it Real…
This is not a decadent rich dessert. It’s a relatively healthy option when you are craving dessert, but don’t want to feel too guilty 🙂