I was totally intrigued when Esther posted this recipe. And then of course, I had to try my “lazy gals” approach to it! And…I added a little more protein, because…teenage boys and all. It needs to be more filling! All by itself, I LOVED it! I served it over veggie pasta, so that it would appeal the masses (teenage boys/toddler girl), but I would have happily eaten it as is, and been totally satisfied and happy!Ingredients
(serving size depends on how many you want to feed. I fed 5)
- One medium size yellow onion
- Tablespoon crushed garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- 8 Chicken sausage (already cooked and diced)
- Half of a large avocado or one small
- 5 Eggs
What to do
- In a sauce pan heat olive oil, garlic, and onions until onions are soft.
- While those are heating, dice your chicken sausages into bite size pieces.
- Add to onion mixture once onions are almost done and heat chicken sausages for a minute
- Add pasta sauce and bring to a boil.
- Make a pocket and crack eggs into the pocket. Cover and let cook for 6-8 minutes, or until eggs are cooked to your liking. Garnish with sliced avocado and enjoy!
I’ve never heard of this dish before, but I like everything that’s going into it. I’m always looking for a little inspiration for variety in my meals! Thanks for sharing!
Hi! Traditionally it’s got peppers, and you make the tomato sauce from scratch (oops, haha). Oddly, I always have peppers on hand, but happened to be out. I’m adding those in next time! Thanks so much for checking it out! I hope you like it if you decide to make it 🙂 xx Lauren