I loved the Paleo Banana Coconut Ice Cream Pies so much that I decided to try another variation. I’m not a big fan of chocolate all on it’s own, but I do like chocolate flavored things. I decided to skip the crust this time, and just make the “ice cream” all on it’s own.
I topped it with crushed almonds, shaved unsweetened coconut and fresh blackberries that Maya and I picked (ok, the ones SHE picked went directly into her belly as seen here :)).
Truth be told, I’ve made this twice in the last few weeks haha. The first time, it got devoured before I could take pictures of it, so of course I had to make it again!! The 2nd time I made it, I substituted some chocolate protein powder and convinced myself it was actually ok to have for dinner 🙂 It was just me and Maya because the Huz and the boys were out of town. Sometimes I feel like I’m constantly saying “no” to Maya or telling her to not do things all day long. This felt like a much deserved treat for being the sweet kid that she is. Ok, I wanted it too 😉 For some reason the first time in the bowl, I thought it just tasted like chocolate soft serve, but as soon as I put it in a big glass cup, all I could think about was a Wendy’s Frosty!! So delicious!Ingredients (makes 6 Servings about 1 overflowing Cup or 4 milkshakes :))
- 5 frozen bananas
- 1 Tablespoon pure Cacao or Cocoa (or a scoop of chocolate protein powder!)
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Almond Butter (can use peanut butter if you aren’t Paleo)
- 3 Medjul Dates (pitted)
- Berries, crushed almonds, unsweetened coconut, or just about anything for topping!
- Let the bananas sit out for about 5 minutes. It helps make it easier for them to blend.
- In a blender or food processor, mix all the ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- This really is best served right away, but I bet you can freeze individual servings in Popsicle molds!!
- If you only want to make 2 servings, it halves easily!
NOW…what variation to try next!?!