I’ve been seeing so many pictures of Nana Ice Cream on Instagram, and have been dying to try my own version. Funny thing…I’m not really a big fan of bananas haha. So, I added a few other things into the mix to see how it turned out. OMG, it was so creamy and delicious!!! One of my favorite desserts (crazy, I know!) is just a plain soft serve ice cream cone. I am TOTALLY doing that with this recipe later!!
I’ve also been itching to make a crust out of almonds and dates, so….I figured why not make them both…TOGETHER! You’d think you were eating a decadent dessert, yet not! Now, with all the almonds and dates, it’s not necessarily low calorie/low fat, but it’s all good for you, so toss the guilt aside, and ENJOY!So the crust on these…OMG. I am a die hard LOVER of graham cracker crust. Like, I double it every time I make a cheesecake or other recipe that calls for it :} This was pretty darn close and so much better for you! Totally converting!Ingredients (makes 8 little pies, or could make one 9 inch pie)
- 6 frozen bananas
- 1/3 Cup Almonds
- 1 Can low fat Coconut Milk
- 2 Medjul Dates (pitted)
- 12 Medjul Dates (pitted)
- 1 1/3 Cup Almonds
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- In a food processor pulse the ingredients for the crust until it starts to clump together. I took 1/3 of a cup and put it in the bottom of each little glass bowl (could use ramicans or place most of it all in a 9 inch pie dish). I kept a little left over to sprinkle over the top of the pies.
- I a blender, mix all the Ice Cream ingredients until smooth and creamy. I spooned 1/2 cup into the little bowls, and then sprinkled the leftover crust mix.
- This really is best served right away, but you can freeze them and then let them sit out for about 15-20 minutes before serving.
- I topped with shaved unsweetened coconut and fresh blueberries. Really, the possibilities are endless on how you can vary this! And…I WILL!
Nutritional Facts (I entered all the ingredients into Calorie Count)
Per Individual Pie
Serves 8 // Calories per Individual Pie- 351 // Total Fat- 17g // Saturated Fat- 7g // Total Carbohydrates-55.8g // Dietary Fiber-7.3 // Sugars- 33.1g // Protein- 5.8g