I’ve talked before about my love of avocado toast and…having it as breakfast for dinner. Honestly, we eat a variation of avocado toast with eggs quite a lot for dinner. Maya requests it all the time, and it’s such an easy thing to whip up, that I rarely say no haha.
We didn’t have any good bread the other night, but we did have a sweet potato. SO, we unintentionally went the healthier route haha. And it was SO GOOD!!!! Ingredients
- 1 Medium size sweet potato
- Avocado (amount varies on how many people you are going to feed)
- Eggs (depends on how many people you want to feed)
- Olive oil + Salt + Pepper to lightly coat the sweet potato
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut sweet potato in 1/2 inch slices
- Lightly coat in olive oil (or oil of your choosing), and salt and pepper to taste
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, flipping over half way through.
- Once the sweet potatoes are crispy on the outside, take them out.
- Fry up your eggs. I like mine runny, so they only take a few minutes. I cook Maya’s for a little bit longer, so her yolks aren’t runny.
- Mash up the avocado on top of the layered sweet potatoes, then top with your egg.
- Serve as is or with a yummy salad or slaw (check out Esther’s recipes here, here, and here.
- I cheated and used Trader Joe’s Cruciferous Crunch Collection of Chopped Kale, Brussels Sprouts, Broccoli and Green Cabbage & Red Cabbage, and added some bell peppers, tomatos, and avocado. It was delicious!!! And Maya chowed the whole thing down 🙂