How many of your girls read #FancyNancy? Maya is a big fan, so when I saw @redtricycle was doing a @disneyjunior Photo Challenge, I thought it would be the perfect thing for Maya and I to do together!
No, this isn’t an ad. Yes, it was somewhat staged. But also yes, we had fun! AND…ate some yummy chia pudding.
That’s where the “brilliant” comes in! #ChiaSeeds are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, rich in antioxidants, and they provide fiber, iron, and calcium.
Omega-3 fatty acids help raise HDL cholesterol, the “good” cholesterol that protects against heart attack and stroke.
- 1/3 cup chia seeds (or more depending on how many people you want to feed-this would make about four to five 1/2 cup servings)
- 2 Cups unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (or whatever milk you want to use)
- 1 Tablespoon raw honey or agave, plus a little additional for drizzling.
- Handful of Blueberries, raspberries, and almonds.
- Mix, chia seeds and Honey/Agave in with the milk and let it sit overnight, or do it first thing in the morning, if you want to have it for dessert. It will plump up, and ends up looking like tapioca pudding.
- Scoop out into bowls. Top with berries, almonds and drizzle a little more honey over the top.