I discovered strawberries with balsamic recently – wow – yum! Strawberry goodness with a pop from the vinegar and pepper. Try it!
- 2 cups strawberries, rinsed and sliced
- 1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Sugar (optional, omit for paleo version)
- Pepper to taste
- Mint for garnish
- Combine all ingredients and let marinade for at least an hour or up to four
It’s been so hot in Seattle that all I can think of making is frozen treats! Granita is an Italian dessert made of sugar, water and flavor or juice and is very easy to make.
Also check out Lemon Granita and Cranberry Jalapeno Granita!
- 10 ounces fresh strawberries (about 2½ cups), hulled
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar, or to taste
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
- More balsamic vinegar for topping (optional)
- Combine berries and sugar in a food processor until smooth. Stir in water and vinegar. Transfer to a glass baking dish and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Thoroughly scrape the entire pan with a fork, breaking up ice crystals. Repeat freezing and scraping process every 30 minutes, until granita is firm but not frozen solid, 2 to 4 hours.
- Spoon into small glasses and serve.
- Garnish with a fresh strawberry and a few drops of balsamic vinegar (optional)
Thanks PCC Natural Markets for the inspiration!