Every once in a while, I stumble upon a food blogger than not only makes me want to make every single recipe they post, but also…makes me die laughing!
One of those would be Arman, from The Big Man’s World.
I finally dove in on his Healthy 4 Ingredient Chunky Banana Bread, but subbed out the almond butter for Sun Butter (I have a bit of a nut intolerance and with most schools being nut free now, it’s all we eat + YUM!)
I made them into mini muffins instead of a loaf, because…portion control 😉 He is totally right. The texture is gooey deliciousness!! I mean, is there ever an adjective that makes you want to dive into a dessert other than “gooey”???!! No. 🙂 What you need… (made 19 mini muffins)
- 3 cups overripe banana, mashed roughly
- 1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup smooth Sun Butter (can sub for any nut butter, if you’d like)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
What to do…
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease mini muffin tins
- In a large mixing bowl mash bananas til they are smooth with a few chunks.
- Add in sifted coconut flour, sun butter, and maple syrup. If spills occur, guess on how much more to add 😉
- Lick the measuring cup…oh, wait 🙂 BUT…the great thing about only 4 ingredients (with no eggs!) is that you totally CAN lick the spoon and measuring cup worry free! Although, let’s be real. In my day, I made cookie dough with eggs and ate so much dough while making them, that I didn’t even want the cookies. 😉 I turned out just fine, but…whatever. Play it safe, no?
- Spoon out about 1/4 cup into each mini tin. Or, if you want to make regular muffins, until they look like this. They don’t rise much.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden on top. Remove from oven and allow to sit until completely cool. Enjoy!