Yes, that’s a mouthful of a title, but it’s a flavor explosion in your mouth too!!
I tend to forget about my slow cooker in the summer, because…hot! BUT…the biggest reason I use my slow cooker is because of it’s convenience factor. THAT is needed all year round!
The other day, I knew I’d be running around all day and wouldn’t be getting home until right around dinner time. Slow cooker to the rescue.
What you need…
- 4-5 Chicken Breasts (I actually threw mine in frozen!)
- 1 Medium yellow onion diced
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1/2 Teaspoon Crushed Ginger
- 1 Cup Organic Mango Nectar
- 1 Large Mango
- 1 Large Avocado
- 1 Cup diced peppers (I used a yellow, orange, and red)
- 1 Cup Cherry or grape tomatoes. I used multi colored ones.
- 4-5 cups baby spinach
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Cup uncooked quinoa
What you do…
- Put Olive Oil, Garlic, Ginger, and Onion down and mix.
- Lay Chicken Breasts on top. Mine were frozen. I’m sure if they were thawed, they might just be more tender! BUT…if you don’t have time (as I never do) you can put them in frozen as an FYI…
- Pour the cup of Mango nectar (honestly, you could use orange juice too! It all cooks away…
- Here’s the odd/specific timing part. You can totally mess around with this timing depending on when you will be home! I started this in the morning. Cooked it on high for 4 hours. I added the quinoa about 30 minutes before it was done. Then took the chicken out, chopped it (probably could have shredded it had it been on low for longer!). I added the chicken back in to soak up a little more juice.
- While it was still in warming mode, and right before I took it out, I added all the spinach and tossed it around.
- Then I took it all out and placed it in a bowl to cool for a few hours.
- Either earlier when it’s cooking or later depending on when you have time. Dice the mango, avocado, peppers, and tomatoes.
- Add all the diced fruits and vegetables on top, salt and pepper to taste, and serve!