Truth be told…these were too messy to pick up and eat like a sandwich! BUT…the flavors are so good together, and it looks so good as a “sandwich”!!
🙂 Ingredients (feeds 4 with leftovers)
- 1 Large Pork Loin or 2 small
- 1 Can of Low Sodium Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 Medium size sweet potato
- 1 Medium Avocado
- 1 Medium to Large Onion
- Olive oil + Salt + Pepper to lightly coat the sweet potato
- BBQ Sauce. If you aren’t on any dietary restrictions use whatever you’d like. There are lots of healthy options out there that are Paleo and Whole 30 approved. Try here.
- Place Pork Loin(s), Chicken/Vegetable Stock, Crushed Ginger, and Crushed Garlic in the crockpot, and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 5.
- When it’s done, drain all but 1 cup of the liquid. Shred with a fork, stir it all up in the liquid, and pour half a jar of BBQ sauce on.
When you are closer to dinner…
- Light Grill and set to medium heat.
- Cut sweet potato in 1/2 inch slices (lengthwise not width wise.) Then they actually look like buns!
- Cut Onion in 1/2 inch slices
- Lightly coat both and in olive oil (or oil of your choosing), and salt and pepper to taste
- Grill both 7-8 minutes on each side.
- Layer a flat sweet potato round, pork, slice of grilled onion, slice of avocado, and top with the end piece of the sweet potato! Drizzle more BBQ sauce over if you’d like!
You might also like Esther’s Bacon Avocado Chipotle Sweet Potato Burger