This is a wonderful paleo side dish any time of year. It calls for fresh rosemary but you could also use the dried herb. Beets are nutritious and delicious, especially when roasted and seasoned.
- 4 medium beets, peeled and cubed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly
- Transfer to glass baking dish and cover with aluminum foil
- Bake for 45 minutes
- Remove foil and bake uncovered, for another 10-20 minutes until beets are tender when pierced with a fork
- Serve hot, warm or cool
Thank you Paleo Cooking from Elana’s Pantry which has many more excellent recipes!