I know I’m not the only person that loves breakfast for dinner! And, I also know that it’s kind of a repeat for me, but…it’s easy and DELICIOUS! Who wouldn’t want that?!
I literally came up with this meal 30 minutes before I was supposed to make it, and it took me approximately 30 minutes to make. Admittedly, because I ran inside while Maya was playing with our neighbors. I turned on the oven, peeled and chopped the sweet potatoes, seasoned them, and turned on the pot for the eggs, in…less than 5 minutes. Then…we played for a few more minutes.
THANK GOD FOR LITTLE DISTRACTIONS, NO?!!!
And, precooked chicken sausages are a godsend in our household. I freeze them for later, and soak them in a warm water bath right before I need them!
Diced up for a pasta meal, or sliced in half for this! SO easy, delicious, and healthy!
What you need…
- One sweet potato (for 2-4 people)
- Olive Oil
- Sea salt
- 3 Pre Cooked Chicken sausage (Depending on the amount of people you want to feed! I did one per adult, and half for Maya) I love Aidell’s, but there are so many good ones!
- Avocado (or pre-made guacamole-yes, I cheated on this one!)
- Eggs (2 for me and the Huz, one for Maya)
What to do…
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut sweet potato in 1/2 inch slices
- Lightly coat in olive oil (or oil of your choosing), and salt and pepper to taste
- Start a pot of boiling water. For me, it’s a LOT easier to soft boil eggs for more than two people. If you want a runny egg and there’s more than 2, it’s way too much for me to manage on top of everything else!!!
- Bake the sweet potatos in the oven for 20-25 minutes, flipping over half way through.
- At the half way mark add chicken sausages that are cute in half.
- In that time, remove the eggs from the boiling water. 7 minutes = runny yolk, 8 minutes, less, so…I remove ours at 7, and then turn the heat off for Maya’s while ours then run under a cool water bath.
- Once the sweet potatoes are crispy on the outside, take them and the chicken sausages out.
- Layer everything and enjoy!