Zucchini is in season and what a better way to prepare it than roll it in some almond meal, seasoning and parmesan cheese. Serve hot and crispy with your favorite marinara sauce.
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 medium sliced zucchini – sliced into 3 x 1/2″ sticks
- Marinara sauce for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place egg whites in a shallow dish and season with salt and pepper. Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, oregano and garlic powder in a resealable plastic bag; shake well.
- Working with a few at a time, dip zucchini sticks in egg whites to cover. Place in the plastic bag and gently shake to cover with breadcrumb mixture. Place breaded zucchini in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and lightly spray with cooking oil. Repeat with remaining zucchini sticks.
- Bake until golden and crispy, 20 to 25 minutes, flipping halfway through baking. Serve hot with ketchup or marinara sauce.
Modified from the original from PCC Natural Markets.
Nice touch with the almond meal! Hot, tasty snacks!
@simplysplendidfood thanks, hot and tasty for sure! Enjoy! 🙂