Zucchini is in season and what a better way to prepare it than roll it in some almond meal, seasoning and parmesan cheese. Serve hot and crispy with your favorite marinara sauce.
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 medium sliced zucchini – sliced into 3 x 1/2″ sticks
- Marinara sauce for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place egg whites in a shallow dish and season with salt and pepper. Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, oregano and garlic powder in a resealable plastic bag; shake well.
- Working with a few at a time, dip zucchini sticks in egg whites to cover. Place in the plastic bag and gently shake to cover with breadcrumb mixture. Place breaded zucchini in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and lightly spray with cooking oil. Repeat with remaining zucchini sticks.
- Bake until golden and crispy, 20 to 25 minutes, flipping halfway through baking. Serve hot with ketchup or marinara sauce.
Modified from the original from PCC Natural Markets.