Avocado brownies? Why? Because they are moist, soft, rich and delicious! Almost paleo (minus the sugar) and very rich, I would not give these to kids but they are a nice grown-up treat! Cut into squares and eat warm or store in the freezer for a cool dark chocolate treat!
- 2 large, ripe avocados, mashed until creamy (about 1 cup)
- 8 ounces semisweet or dark chocolate, melted
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or grease baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mashed avocados, melted chocolate and coconut oil until smooth and creamy. Whisk in sugar. Mix in eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Add vanilla.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Stir dry mixture into avocado mixture until just combined — be careful not to overmix! Spread batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool and then cut into squares.
Modified slightly from the original and thanks PCC Natural Markets