This is one of those recipes that I repeat A LOT!! In it’s most basic form, I posted it here, but I mix it up all the time with what I add to it. The sauce is just so good!! And SO EASY!
- 1/2 cup Almond Butter (use Sun Butter for Nut free or any nut butter if you don’t have any dietary restrictions!)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk (I used Light, but full fat would be amazing too!)
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger (I cheat and use this)
- 1 Cup Water
For the rest of the dish…
- 2-3 bags of Healthy Noodles (or can use any noodle, quinoa, or skip it!)
- 4-6 Chicken Breasts. Depends on how many people you have and how soupy you want it. I use 6 and grill them on our grill. Less clean up and the flavor is so good!
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 head of Broccoli
- 1/2 of each of a yellow, red, and orange pepper
- 1 small onion diced
- Marinate chicken breasts in olive oil, salt, and pepper and cook on BBQ 8-10 minutes each side (depending on size) or cube the chicken breasts and cook in a large pan with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper.
While Chicken is cooking outside, chop all your veggies.
- Add a couple Tablespoons of olive oil (I add garlic too!) and cook onions til soft (5-8 minutes)
- Add in broccoli and peppers and cover to steam cook for 2 minutes. Just THIS is delicious, so you could stop right here 🙂
In a blender, combine 1 cup water with the whatever nut butter you choose, rice vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, and ginger. Blend until smooth.
- Rinse out the noodles with water (that’s IT!! NO COOKING THEM!!)
Add the sauce and noodles to the pan, stir, and let sit for 2 minutes to soak in all the flavor of the sauce. Again…you could stop here if you wanted to keep it vegetarian. SO yummy!
- Once Chicken is cooked, dice and add on top. I added Sriracha to mine for a little kick, and it was SO good!! Enjoy!