This is another crowd pleaser at my house. Even though I sneak spinach in there! Hey, what’s not good smothered in a peanut sauce??
I originally got the recipe from Real Simple’s “10 things to do with rotisserie chicken” It’s the last one “Gingery Peanut Noodles with Chicken”, but made a few changes. One of which is that I don’t use a rotisserie chicken. I’m not a big fan of the dark meat, so I only use the breasts. To each his own though!Ingredients
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger (I cheat and use this)
- Box of Pasta or use Quinoa or…nothing at all. It’s great on it’s own! This time I used quinoa.
- 4-6 Chicken Breasts. Depends on how many people you have and how soupy you want it. I use 6 and either cube it and then cook or have the Huz grill them on the BBQ and then cube after (this is obviously my preferred choice :))
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 5-6 cups of spinach.
2 green onions sliced (optional)
- Either cube the chicken breasts and cook in a large pan with a little olive oil, salt, and peopper or toss the breasts in olive oil, salt, and pepper and BBQ it and then cube.
Start to cook the pasta/quinioa/whatever you want to use/not use.
While all of that is cooking…
In a blender, combine 1 cup water with the peanut butter, rice vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, and ginger. Blend until smooth.