Every once in a while we deviate from healthy. And…that is SO OK!!! Everything in moderation, right??!
This is one of those times. These cookies represent my childhood! We made them every holiday season, and every season in between when we wanted to!! ;}
My only sadness is that when we made them as kids they were 1/2 inch thick, ginormous, basically it was a meal cookie!! In my adulthood, I have yet to recreate the cookie of my youth. I’ve asked my mom. Was it my imagination? NO! They were absolutely thicker…
So…back to the drawing board. BUT…the flavor is still the same. YUM!!! What you need…
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 1/2 Cups White Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 18 oz of Chunky Peanut Butter
- 18 oz of Oatmeal
- 16 oz of Chocolate Chips
- 8 oz of Butterscotch Chips
- 2 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- Optional (we didn’t have either this time, so we didn’t add either) 1/4 Cup Coconut + 3 small bags of M&M’s
What to do…
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a really big bowl or Kitchenaid Mixer, cream butter and sugars
- Blend in eggs and vanilla.
- Blend in Peanut Butter and baking soda, and chips/M&M’s.
- Slowly add in oatmeal. If you are doing this in large bowl, make sure you have a REALLY strong spoon! Many a wooden spoons have been broken in the making of these Monster Cookies!
- Original recipe calls to drop 1/4 cups of batter on cookie sheet and bake for 13-14 minutes, or until the edges get a little brown. Middle will still look uncooked, but they are super moist and chewy then-aka doughy 😉
- Can also make the cookies smaller
Ok, truth be told. I didn’t realize she was going to try and crack the egg. It didn’t end well…
So….this recipe has one egg, somewhat cracked + an egg. But, I turned my back for a minute, and she was so proud. I mean… Who loves the dough of cookies even more than the actual cookies? We sure do!! I know everyone’s all scared of salmonella, but I grew up eating cookie dough, and I’m just fine. I even remember they used to sell cookie dough cones at Mrs. Fields!! Yup, I used to get them-SO GOOD 🙂 No chance they could do that now!
I still eat the raw dough from spoon though. Great recipe, worth to try! 😀
SO good, right?!? I couldn’t stop eating the dough!! 🙈
LikeLiked by 1 person