I made these for Valentine’s day, but let’s just say we had a classic “case of the missing Ice cream bonbons” so I had to make some more batches for photos! No complaints there! 🙂 These would be awesome for St. Patrick’s Day!
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts/pieces, soaked overnight in cold water
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup agave or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons milk (rice, almond, coconut)
- a big handful fresh peppermint leaves (approx 1 cup loosely packed)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon natural peppermint extract, to taste
- 1 cup dark chocolate + 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted, to coat
- Drain and rinse soaked cashews and add to a blender along with all the other ingredients, except the chocolate. Blend on high for about a minute, or until really smooth with just little flecks of green throughout.
- Pour into silicone muffin trays (oiled with a little coconut oil), or regular metal trays lined with paper cases. Freeze to set for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove patties from the moulds and place back into the freezer on a tray while melt the chocolate.
- Dip patties in melted chocolate, covering thoroughly and place on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Once they’ve all been covered, return the lot to the freezer for 5 minutes or more to set. They will keep in a covered container in the freezer for 2-3 weeks.
Thanks for the inspiration MyDarlingLemonThyme.com
Pingback: Strawberry Coconut Bonbons (nut free) |
Mint chocolate is my absolute favourite combination.. and these look absolutely divine.. !! ❤
@caraannex they are divine! Thanks for the comment! 🙂