I recently posted the Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bonbons and the Raspberry Coconut Bonbons. Both were big hits, but I wanted to make a nut-free variation of those super yummy bonbons. Because these don’t have the cashew nut as a base, and more water, they freeze harder. Simply remove from freezer a while before serving and let them soften a bit.
You can use strawberries, raspberries or another berry or fruit as desired. Adding a small chunk of cooked beet adds a great deeper pink color but does not taint the taste! I promise.. tried and tested and kid approved!
- 1 cup coconut cream (full fat, unsweetened, comes in cans)
- 1 cup raspberries or other berry
- 1-2 Tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Blend everything on high for about a minute, or until really smooth.
- Pour into silicone muffin trays (oiled with a little coconut oil), or regular metal trays lined with paper cases. Freeze to set for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove patties from the molds and place into container and return to freezer.
- They will keep in a covered container in the freezer for 2-3 weeks.