Did you watch the Oscars this weekend? Dream of walking down the red carpet? Or simply prefer a sparkling cocktail and viewing party from the comfort of your own house? 🙂
If you love citrus but are not into those sweet syrupy cocktails, then this refreshing cocktail is just for you! Garnish with some pieces of star anise for a festive touch!
Oscars, garden party, holiday party or whatever.. cheers!
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed blood orange juice
- 1/2 lime, squeezed
- 2 oz. Cointreau or Absolut Mandarin Vodka (OR bourbon if that is your thing! Takes this cocktail in a different direction, but is definitely palatable.. again.. you kind of have to like the flavor of bourbon)
- 1/4 cup sparkling water
- Orange slices, for garnish
- 4 pieces star anise (optional)
- Combine juice, vodka, water and divide between two ice filled glasses
- Garnish with orange and star anise