This is one of those recipes that I repeat A LOT!! In it’s most basic form, I posted it here, but I mix it up all the time with what I add to it. The sauce is just so good!! And SO EASY!
Sadly, Maya can’t have peanuts or gluten anymore, so I made a few tweaks and made it work! I sold it as a healthy Pad Thai, and even our 18 year old son had seconds! Basically a gold medal on healthy cooking there!
- 1/2 cup Almond Butter (use Sun Butter for Nut free or any nut butter if you don’t have any dietary restrictions!)
- 3 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Aminos (used in place of Soy Sauce)
- 1 tablespoon Pure Maple Syrup (used in place of Brown Sugar)
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger (I cheat and use this)
- 1 Cup Water
For the rest of the dish…
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger
- 1 of each of a yellow, orange, and purple carrot (or really any veggie)
- 8-10 Mushrooms diced
- 2 blocks of Rice Noodles (or can use any noodle, quinoa, or skip it!)
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken Shredded (or you can cook chicken separately and shred)
Pull chicken off your rotisserie chicken and shred. We always buy two chickens every week. Eat one, then pull all the meat off both to use for another meal!
- Add a couple Tablespoons of olive oil, ginger, and garlic to a large pan
- Add diced onions, mushrooms, carrots, and sauté til soft (5-8 minutes)
- Add back in shredded chicken
In a blender, combine 1 cup water with the whatever nut butter you choose, rice vinegar, coconut aminios, maple sugar, and ginger. Blend until smooth.
- These particular noodles cook in less than 5 minutes!
Add the sauce and noodles to the pan, stir, and let sit for 2 minutes to soak in all the flavor of the sauce.
- You could leave out the chicken for an amazing vegetarian Pad Thai!