Last week I posted a recipe for a easy, refreshing, delicious Clementine Goat Cheese Salad. I mentioned in that post, that I made this dish to go with it, and here it is!
I rarely use recipes (ironic, no?!), but one thing I love doing, is repeating flavors in the different dishes of the meal. I used the same flavors in the chicken, the quinoa, and also the salad. It cuts down on needing a bunch of different ingredients, and makes everything go so well together!
This tastes great on it’s own, but even better when paired with the salad…
What You Need… (feeds 4)
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Sprig of Rosemary or 1 Tablespoon
- 1 Medium sized Orange
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1 Cup uncooked Quinoa (Omit or sub out with cauliflower rice for Paleo/Whole 30 option)
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste.
What You Do…
- Pour Olive Oil, Garlic, Rosemary, and juice from half the orange, into a small bowl and stir.
- Take 2/3rds of the liquid and pour over chicken breasts in a large bowl or zip lock bag. Slice the other half of the orange and place inside bag/in bowl. Salt and Pepper to taste. Let that all marinate for 30+ minutes. If you want to do this in the morning and let it marinate in the refrigerator all day…even better!
- Slice Onion in 1/2 inch slices and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Light your grill to medium heat and let it get hot.
- Take quinoa and either place in a rice cooker (what I did) and add left over 1/3rd mixture from above and cook. It’s usually done in 20 minutes.
- Or, if you don’t have a rice cooker, cook on stove top with 2 cups water plus added 1/3rd left over mixture. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and let it cook covered for another 15 minutes. Let it sit for another 5 minutes covered but with the heat turned off. Fluff it up.
- While Quinoa is cooking place chicken, onions, and orange slices on the grill. Cook on each side for 7-8 minutes (depending on breast size).
- Layer quinoa in a serving dish (I drizzled a little of the salad dressing over the top, but you could just drizzle with a little olive oil), then top with chicken, onions, and oranges.
Wow! Looks really tasty!
Thank you so much! It was 🙂