I made one other mug cake here, and I have NO idea why I don’t do them more often. There’s no shortage of variations, and they are ridiculously easy to make, enough for one or two to share, and with nominal clean up=TOTAL WIN!!
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons Almond Butter (can use Sun Butter for a nut free option)
- 1-½ tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1-½ tablespoons raw honey
- 1 tablespoon almond milk (or any milk you’d like)
- ½ a vanilla bean (scrape out the inside, throw away the shell) or ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional topping ideas- dark chocolate chips, coconut flakes, or berries (dried or fresh)!
- In a separate bowl whisk together coconut flour, and baking powder.
- Add egg, almond butter, coconut oil, honey, almond milk and vanilla bean and blend until creamy. Super easy to have your child do all the mixing! Not so easy to keep them from eating the batter 😉
- It will look like this in the mug before you microwave it.
- Microwave for 2 minutes (depending on your microwave) and you magically have cake!!
- That’s IT!!!
Thank you to Regina, from Leelalicious for the inspiration!
Wow! This is absolutely amazing. Almond butter is one of the loves of my life – I honestly don’t know how people can live without it. I really want to give your recipe a shot this weekend and will absolutely let you know how it turns out if I do. So glad I discovered your site! Love your blog, your photos, and your writing style. 🙂 I can’t wait to see more recipes in the future!
Thank you so much!! You are going to LOVE it, and be shocked at how easy it is to make! Enjoy! ☺️ xx Lauren
LikeLiked by 1 person
Sweet! I’m a huuuuge coconut and chocolate lover, so this is definitely my thing 😀