Do you ever have a craving for cake, but don’t want to make/have to restrain yourself from eating an entire cake? ME TOO! 🙂 Mug cakes are easy to make, SUPER easy to clean up from, and take a little over 5 minutes from start to finish-WIN!
I’d heard about mug cakes before, but had never really thought to try my hand at them until I saw Regina from Leelalicious post this recipe. Once I saw that you could make them relatively healthy, I was all in! I’m already thinking of different variations I want to try next!
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons Almond Butter
- 1-½ tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1-½ tablespoons raw honey
- 1 tablespoon almond milk (or any milk you’d like)
- ½ a vanilla bean (scrape out the inside, throw away the shell) or ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-5 dollops of Medjul Date Caramel Sauce (omit if strictly Paleo)
- Other topping ideas- chocolate chips, coconut flakes, or berries (dried or fresh)!
- In a separate bowl whisk together coconut flour, and baking powder.
- Add egg, almond butter, coconut oil, honey, almond milk and vanilla bean and blend until creamy.
Maya loved doing this part, but of course just wanted to eat the batter 😉 Yes, I know…raw egg batter = a no no, but I did it as a kid all the time and turned out just fine! Instead of pouring the batter into one large mug, I greased up two ramicans to make two little cakes! Microwave for 2 minutes (depending on your microwave) and you magically have cake!! It turned out surprisingly moist, but I wanted to add a little something to it. You could do a healthy frosting, but I added some banana ice cream to go along with it. Only added 2-3 minutes to the process and was SO GOOD!