Marzipan Cookies are awesome because they are slightly less rich than pure marzipan, use only three ingredients, and are chewy and delicious!
- 1 1/3 – 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 3 egg whites
- whole raw almonds (optional)
- In food processor mix almond meal and sugar
- Add egg whites until a stiff dough forms
- Remove from food processor and knead with a little almond meal as needed so that a workable dough forms
- Shape 1″ diameter balls and press down on cookie sheet with an almond in the middle if desired
- Bake at 350 for ~12 minutes or until edges just start to turn golden
- These store very well in an airtight container in freezer for a few weeks!