Every time I make a meal in my crock pot, I think…
“WHY don’t I do this more often!??” As in…ever single day?! HA!
Alas, I get brain dead with the day to day, and fail to think ahead. That is pretty much the only prep time with a crock pot meal. Thinking of it ahead of time. Once you do. You toss everything in to the pot in the morning/early afternoon. Your entire house smells amazing ALL DAY LONG, and then when it’s dinner time-it’s DONE! Seriously, what’s better than that??
NOT MUCH. 😉
BUT…can we all agree that crock pot meat does NOT look appealing? Everything you cook ends up looking about the same color, BUT all that really matters is that it tastes delicious! I may have thrown a few greens on top to break up the monotony haha 🙂 I snapped these pictures about 5 minutes before we ate dinner, as always (with a flash *UGH*)…yet wished I could have made the meal look a liiiiiiiittle more appetizing. Styling dreams that may never come true.
Added bonus? The meat easily shreds, so no slicing on a cutting board necessary, aka child friendly and one less thing to clean!! What You Need…
- Pork Loin (depends on how many people you want to feed) I used one pack from Costco, which is equivalent to 2 small ones from other grocery stores.
- 1 Can of Chicken Stock (have it cover about half the pork loin)
- 1 teaspoon Rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 small apples or one large apple (I used Gala, but any strong flavor type would be good)
- 2 small onions or one large onion
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
What to do…
- Chop the onion and apple into approximately 1 inch slices.
- Layer everything into your Crock Pot and cook on high for 4-5 hours or or low for 7-8 hours.
- THAT’S IT! 🙂
Serve with any kind of side or all by itself!