Because really…everything is better with bacon haha. At least when you have teenage boys and want them to eat vegetables 😉
What you need…
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 strand or bag of Brussels Sprouts
- One Medium sized onion (really any kind would be good!)
- 2 pieces of uncooked bacon
- 1/2 cup of Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic (or more if you like!)
- Juice from half a lemon
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
What to do…
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut both broccoli and cauliflower into bit sized pieces.
- Cut ends of the Brussels Sprouts and peel off the outter layer. Then cut in half.
- Dice onion into 1/2 inch wedges.
- Scatter all the veggies on a baking sheet.
- Dice bacon into 1/2 by 1/4 inch slices and scatter over the veggies.
- Mix Olive Oil, Garlic, and Lemon in a bowl.
- Pour the mixture over the veggies and toss until they are all coated. You may need a little extra olive oil to drizzle over. Salt and pepper to liking.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes. I like mine a little more charred, but others don’t, so I do a happy medium 🙂Thanks to my mom for the inspiration!