I’ve been dying to make baked pumpkin donuts. We finally did this last week, and they were so good! I couldn’t really find a recipe that matched up with the ingredients I had on hand (no time to go to the store ;)), so I kind of made it up as I went along using Against All Grain‘s “Baked Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts” as my guide and changed/added things here and there from what I had on hand and what I thought it needed.
These are baked instead of fried, are paleo, and have no refined sugar. No guilt, yet delicious-WIN!
I drizzled the Paleo Maple Pumpkin Sauce/Glaze that I posted yesterday over them, and…YUM!!!
- 5 large eggs
- ½ cup Almond Milk (you could use cocunut milk too)
- ½ cup Pure Maple Syrup
- ½ cup Organic Pumpkin Puree
- ¼ cup Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 ¼ cup Coconut Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt (I did 20 grinds on my grinder :))
- ½ cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- Maple Pumpkin Glaze
What to do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and oil the insides of your doughnut pan really well. I put coconut oil on a paper towel and rubbed it around.
- Mix all the wet ingredients until eggs are fully blended
- Add the dry ingredients, then mix until dough is formed
- Fill doughnut tins to the top (mine didn’t rise very much)
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let them cool for about 10 minutes, then pop them out and cool on cooling rack.
- Once cool. Drizzle with glaze. Best eaten right after glazing. Or…skip the glaze and eat as is!
Having a cute assistant isn’t necessary, but it helps 🙂
The batter is pretty dense and only rises slightly, so you can fill the molds up to the top. And then…you wait 🙂 Enjoy!
Pingback: Mini Pumpkin Cake with Maple Pumpkin Frosting and Caramel Glaze // Paleo |