Tis the season, no? I’ve been seeing Pumpkin Balls pop up here and there, and I decided to try my own.
I will say that these fall into the category of totally yummy, but…healthy 😉 I want to make the distinction, because I do love myself a decadent dessert!! This is not that. However, Maya chowed them down, and I love that I can make her things that she things are a total treat that are still healthy!
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 cups Organic Pumpkin Puree (got mine at Trader Joe’s)
- 2 Tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Sunflower Butter (can use any nut butter if you aren’t worried about allergies)
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 2 Tablespoons each of coconut sugar and unsweetened coconut to roll the balls in (optional, but I liked the little added sweetness and texture :))
What to do
- Mix the first 5 ingredients in a bowl, using a high powered mixer or Cuisinart.
- Scoop out 1 Tablespoon amounts of the dough, and roll in your palm to form a ball.
- Roll it around in the coconut sugar and coconut and set in the refridgerator to cool for at least an hour. You can eat them right away, but they are much better once they’ve firmed up!