Love the Dark Chocolate Covered Mint Ice Cream Hearts I posted on Tuesday? So did I! 🙂 But my kids were not too keen on the mint flavor and I don’t give them dark chocolate.. intentionally. 😉 So we made this into a fun kid project where they did the scooping and pouring and I did the blending. Both kids participated and were both very engaged in the process of measuring, stirring and “organizing” ingredients. I dipped half of the batch in chocolate for the grown-ups and left half as is for the kids. Happy kids, happy mommy! Ingredients
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts/pieces, soaked overnight in cold water
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1-2 Tbsp agave syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup dark chocolate + 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted, to coat (optional)
- Drain and rinse soaked cashews and add to a blender along with all the other ingredients, except the chocolate. Blend on high for about a minute, or until really smooth.
- Pour into silicone muffin trays (oiled with a little coconut oil), or regular metal trays lined with paper cases. Freeze to set for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove patties from the molds and place back into the freezer on a tray while melt the chocolate.
- Dip patties in melted chocolate, covering thoroughly and place on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Once they’ve all been covered, return the lot to the freezer for 5 minutes or more to set. They will keep in a covered container in the freezer for 2-3 weeks.
Pingback: Strawberry Coconut Bonbons (nut free) |