I had a craving for the Grilled Chicken, Onions, and Peaches with Avocado Tomato Salsa the other night. I didn’t have any peaches on hand though and sadly my avocado’s weren’t ripe yet, so I did a variation and used some plums!
It wasn’t as delicious, but a close 2nd… 🙂Ingredients (to serve 4)
- 8 plums (I used ones that were almost ripe, but still a little on the firm side)
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 large sweet onion
- 10 cherry tomatos (I used orange ones)
- 4 Tablespoons of goat cheese
- Handful of diced almonds
- 4-6 Cups of salad greens. Your choice, but I like to use a mix that has both spinach and arugula, because those wilt nicely.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (amount not measured, but will describe in instructions :))
- Sea Salt and Pepper
- Trader Joe’s Reduced Balsamic Glaze.
- Light your grill and set it to a medium heat.
- Cut your onion into 1/2 inch slices
- Season the chicken breasts and onion with olive oil, sea salt and pepper.
- Set both on the grill for 8-10 minutes (depending on the size of your chicken breasts)
- Cut plums in half and lightly coat with olive oil and a little bit of sea salt.
- At the 8-10 minute mark, flip both the chicken and onion and add the plums to the grill.
- Cook everything for another 8-10 minutes until chicken cooked all the way through.
- During the cooking, cut tomatoes and break up the goat cheese over the salad greens in a big bowl.
- Layer everything together. Drizzle a little bit of olive oil and Trader Joe’s Glaze over each serving and ENJOY!!! 🙂
Yum, I bet the plums were delish!
They were yummy! Although, a little tart because they aren’t totally in season yet. Cannot wait to do it again with perfectly ripe sweet ones! 🙂
Yum! This looks fantastic!
Thank you!! It was pretty tasty 🙂
Pingback: Grilled Onion, Cantaloupe, Goat Cheese, Almond, and Spinach Salad |