I may be alone here, but I don’t think I am. As a busy mom, granola bars/protein bars are kind of a must to survive. Both for us and our kids!! Grab on the go. Or in between snack that you want to feel ok giving them, BUT…so many have a LOT of ingredients that you may or may not be ok with, but you do it anyways, because….SURVIVAL. And…they can be really expensive if you don’t buy them in bulk. I’ve been dying to make my own, but it seemed like a LOT of work. SO….I abbreviated my efforts and went simple. As I do… 😉
One day, I’ll blog about a simple, inexpensive, healthy protein bar, but until then… 😉
These are not a dessert, although, I convinced Maya they were for a few nights haha. More like a healthy snack to tide you over 🙂 Ingredients (Made 34 Balls)
- 1 Cup uncooked Quinoa
- 6 Tablespoons Sun Butter
- 1/4 Cup Organic Pure Maple Syrup
- 6 Tablespoons Hemp Seeds (for rolling-btw, OBSESSED with Hemp Seeds right now!! If you’re interested in the health benefits, read here. Oh, and they’re yummy!)
(All these ingredients I found at Costco. NOT in any way sponsored, but just an easy “Mama cooking for the masses” FYI ;))
- Cook Quinoa as directed (I did mine in my rice cooker and it took me 30 seconds of prep, but about 30-45 minutes to wait :))
- Stir in Sun Butter and Maple Syrup The reward of licking the measuring cup…who could deny such a thing??!!
- Take 1 Tablespoon amounts and form into balls
- Roll the balls in hemp seeds.
- Refrigerate for an hour in a air tight container and store for future snacking 🙂