If you’ve been following our blog for a while you know that we are big fans of avocado! This recipe takes avocado, some cocoa, a little sweetener, a splash of coconut milk and vanilla – and makes a lovely silky chocolate pudding.
It is similar to the Paleo Chocolate Pudding I made a while ago, but the recipe below is quicker and a nice variation! I discovered it sort of by accident – as luck would have it – while trying to make a Paleo Chocolate Pie.. turned to soup.. turned to pudding!
Ingredients for the Topping
- 1 cup almond meal
- 4-5 dates, pitted
Ingredients for Filling
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2-4 tbsp. cocoa (depending on how dark you like it)
- 1-2 Tbsp agave syrup (or you could use maple or honey)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (adjust for consistency)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- In food processor, pulse almond meal and dates until crumbs form
- For filling – combine all ingredients and blend with an inversion blender until smooth
- Layer filling and topping in individual serving dishes