Ever since finding out that Maya can’t eat a LOT of foods, baking has become a lot harder…
It’s SO hard to decipher recipes that LOOK good from bloggers, but…don’t really taste good. THESE TASTE AMAZING!!
GREAT for the holidays for those that are allergy challenged…or for special occasions 🙂
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup raw coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- pinch Himalayan salt
- Whisk all ingredients together and pour into oiled, parchment lined 8 x 8-inch glass pan. Set in refrigerator aside making topping. The bottom layer should be set up (but not completely hard) before adding the next layer.
- 2 cups of dried, unsweetened, raw coconut
- 2/3 cup coconut butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons raw agave nectar (or liquid sweetener of choice)
- 1-2 teaspoons organic almond flavoring (not raw)
- Place coconut in medium bowl.
- Whisk coconut butter (not the same as coconut oil), agave and almond flavor. Pour over coconut and mix well.
- 1/3 cup almonds, coarsely chopped
- Sprinkle these on top of the coconut layer
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, softened
- Drizzle ganache over the top and refrigerate to set!