I’ve been on a total crockpot kick lately. That seems to happen every winter, and before the urge kicks in, I always think…
“Why don’t I use my crock pot more??!!”
Then, I do, and I think…
“Why don’t I use my crock pot more??!!”!!!
Every post I do on my crockpot meals, I wax poetic on the fabulousness of it, but then the spring and summer roll around and I forget about it. I’m determined to make things all year round! It’s SO easy, and the smell walking into your home after not being home all day/or even if you ARE home all day…YUM!!!
And I don’t know about where you live, but here in Seattle…spring has NOT sprung, and warm yummy dinners still sound amazing!
So, I decided to try spaghetti and meat sauce. Total classic. Total crowd pleaser when you have kids. Pretty cheap too! And…it can be healthy and easy!
Ingredients (feeds 4 with leftovers)
- 2 lbs ground turkey. I like to make it heavy on the protein!
- 1 Can of pasta sauce. I used a 32 oz jar (check labels if you are on Whole30)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 Medium to Large Onion
- 1/2 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning.
- 1/2 a box of Pasta (again, I go light on this end and used veggie pasta. You could use gluten free OR 2 cups zoodles or sweet potato noodles etc if you are Whole30!)
- Place Diced Onion, Crushed Ginger, and Crushed Garlic, Ground Turkey (Yes, I put mine in mostly frozen because…no time to dethaw, and it still worked out great!), Jar of Pasta sauce and Italian seasonings in the crockpot, and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 5.
- When you are about 10-15 minutes out, you can add the pasta or zoodles etc and they will cook to being tender. I think they’d be mushy if you added them in at the beginning, but let me know if you try! I even added them after the cook time when it was in “warm” mode, and it worked!
Pingback: Thai Coconut Chicken Soup (Crockpot | Paleo | Whole 30 ) |
Pingback: Bone Broth Rotisserie Chicken Soup (Crockpot ) |
Pingback: Bone Broth Rotisserie Chicken Sweet Potato “Noodle” Soup || Crockpot | Whole30 | Gluten Free |
Pingback: Bone Broth Rotisserie Chicken Ramen Soup with Soft Boiled Egg || Crockpot | Gluten Free |