As mentioned in my blog post on the topic last week, Blackberry season is in full swing and so much fun! The berries are fun to pick, eat and make yummy things with. Today, a Blackberry Crisp.. pretty much paleo, but add some vanilla ice cream for some non-paleo, but totally delicious, goodness!
- 4 cups blackberries
- 1/4 cup sweetener like honey or sugar as needed (if you have very ripe blackberries this may not be needed and you can certainly make it without sweetener for a slightly tarter crisp)
For the topping
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup golden flax meal (or any ground flax)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Vanilla Ice Cream and mint leaves for garnish
- Rinse blackberries, drain well and pour into glass baking dish (9×11″ works well) and drizzle with some honey or sprinkle with sugar (as needed)
- Mix topping ingredients with a fork until butter is distributed and ingredients are combined well
- Sprinkle topping evenly over berries
- Bake @ 350 for 35-45 minutes with tinfoil on. Remove tinfoil and bake for another 10 minutes as needed or until crust is a golden brown.
- Enjoy with your favorite vanilla ice cream or drizzled with some cold coconut milk
Modified quite a bit, but thanks for the inspiration http://paleoleap.com/berry-crumble/