We’re excited for warm and dry season so we can eat all meals on our deck! Nothing says summer like Panna Cotta with fresh fruit or berries. Coconut Panna Cotta with Tropical Fruit is a wonderful twist on the classic Panna Cotta with Berry Coulis.
- 2 (7-gram) pouches gelatin (5 teaspoons)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 1/4 cups grass-fed whole milk or heavy cream
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup granulated sugar (I used 1/3 cup coconut sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons shredded coconut + more for toasting and sprinkling on top
- Sliced mango, pineapple, kiwi or banana, for serving
- In a saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over water and let stand for 1 minute. Place over medium heat and stir constantly until granules are dissolved, about 3 minutes. Add milk or cream, coconut milk, sugar and vanilla. Stir over medium heat until sugar is completely dissolved, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour mixture into 6 ramekins; sprinkle coconut on top. Chill in the refrigerator until set, about 3 hours.
- Optionally (I did not do this step) to serve, dip each ramekin in boiling water for a moment to loosen panna cotta. Turn onto a serving plate. Arrange sliced fruit beside each panna cotta and serve.
- Optionally (I added this step) toast some coconut and sprinkle on top.
Thanks for the inspiration PCC Natural Markets!