Good morning! Sweet potatoes, sausage, egg and greens tossed in a skillet makes an excellent breakfast. There are a few steps, so this is a great weekend breakfast to make during that first cup or two of coffee. 😉 Paleo, gluten free, and wonderful served with fresh fruit or berries!
- 2 tablespoons high-heat oil, divided
- 1 pound fresh sausage (optional)
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds garnet or jewel yams, or sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 bunch spinach or kale, tough stems removed and leaves chopped
- Salt, black pepper, and/or red chili flakes to taste
- 4 eggs
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage (if using); crumble and cook until no longer pink. Add onion, garlic and cook until onion is soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove mixture from pan.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet and add yams. Cook until golden and tender, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes. Return sausage mixture to the skillet. Stir in spinach or kale and toss with potatoes and meat. Now, using a spoon, make 4 shallow indentations in the hash and crack 1 egg into each indentation. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook until whites are set, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Thanks PCC Natural Markets for the inspiration (modified and shortened recipe from the original and it was still great)!