Ok, so I promised myself that I would let Maya pick what kind of birthday cake she wanted this year vs making something healthy that I wanted her to have.
Well….she changed her mind about 7 times on what kind of cake/cupcakes she wanted and on the day of, we were totally over booked. SO…at around 7pm on the night of her birthday I started throwing a bunch of stuff together, and…this is what we got 😉
Thankfully, Maya loves just about anything, so she was happy.
Ingredients (made 24 mini muffins)
- 3 very ripe bananas (I actually used some that I had frozen and then thawed)
- 1 1/2 Cups Coconut Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 Cup melted coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon Raw Honey
- 1 Teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all the dry ingredients.
- Mix all the wet ingredients
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet. The mixture will be pretty dense. Scoop out enough batter to slightly overlflow each mini muffin tin. These don’t raise a whole lot, so you can overfill each 🙂
- Bake for 10-12 minutes depending on your oven. Tops should be golden brown, but still a little soft to the touch.
- Put a can of full fat Coconut Milk in the refrigerator over night. When you open it, it will have separated and the top half will all be hard.
- Scoop that out and put into a bowl.
- 1 Tablespoon of honey.
- 1/8 Teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Pure Vanilla Extract
Mix with a blender and dollop on top of each muffin/cupcake. Refrigerate until you plan on eating them, as the topping will soften.