Sweet succulent peaches and nectarines are sprinkled with an almond oat topping and baked till crisp and golden. Served with rich vanilla ice cream, this is wonderful and delicious summer dessert.
I modified this recipe from the original from PCC Natural Markets – but because the peaches were so ripe and sweet and I was planning to serve this with vanilla ice cream, I used a lot less sugar and also substituted tapioca flour instead of the corn starch. You can consult the original here, but here is my version of the recipe and the vote in my house was: this peach crisp is amazing!
- 2 pounds ripe peaches or nectarines, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 Tbsp coconut sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (quick-cooking fine)
- 6 tablespoons cold salted butter, cut into small pieces
- Vanilla yogurt or vanilla ice cream, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Combine peaches or nectarines, 1 Tbsp coconut sugar, lemon juice and tapioca flour in a 9-inch shallow round baking dish or pie plate.
- In a separate bowl, combine almond flour, oats and salt. Rub in butter with your fingertips until coarse crumbs form. Sprinkle oat topping over the fruit mixture. Place the dish or pie plate on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until the topping is golden brown and the filling is bubbling, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes before serving. Top each serving with a dollop of yogurt
Thanks PCC Natural Markets