Potatoes, eggs, prosciutto and some herbs all in one! These are a very pretty addition to a breakfast or brunch spread, or keep in the freezer for a great protein snack!
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and grated (super fast – run potatoes through your food processor with grater blade)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 12 eggs
- 3 slices prosciutto, chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cayenne pepper, to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Combine potatoes, butter, 1/4 cup cheese, salt and pepper in a bowl. Divide potato mixture evenly among prepared muffin tin and gently press to form a thin layer on the bottom and sides of each cup.
- Bake until just golden brown, 15 to 18 minutes. Remove from the oven and reduce the temperature to 350° F.
- Gently crack 1 egg into each potato basket. Sprinkle with prosciutto, chives and parsley. Top each egg with remaining cheese.
- Return to the oven and bake until eggs are set, 10 to 13 minutes. Sprinkle with cayenne pepper before serving.
Thanks PCC Natural Markets!
These look fantastic, and so simple! Great for the long weekend coming up. 🙂
Great idea! Enjoy! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person