What makes Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins even better? FROSTING!! 🙂 I didn’t have any cream cheese on hand, so I thought I’d try something with goat cheese. I love getting creative with what’s on hand! I left the room for a minute. When I came back, Maya had taken a bite out of every carrot and was working her way through this one 🙂I’m reposting the recipe for the muffins turned cupcakes 🙂
Ingredients (makes 12)
- 4-5 small organic carrots (about a cup)
- 1/2 Cup unsweetened applesauce
- 6 Medjul Dates (pitted)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/8th teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/8th teaspoon salt
- 1/8th teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8th teaspoon grated fresh ginger (I cheat and use this)
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Pure Organic Honey
- 1 Cup Cooked Quinoa
- 1/4 Cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 oz goat cheese (I get the little individual 1 oz packs from Trader Joe’s)
- 2 6 oz containers of Non Fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Organic Honey
- Preheat oven to 350
- Peel and break in half the carrots and pulse in a Cuisinart til shredded.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse til blended.
- Scoop 1/4 of a cup of the mixture into muffin tins
- Sprinkle shredded coconut on top
- Bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Place a big dollop of frosting on and ENJOY!
- These are really moist. I’m not sure why. They don’t do well if you seal them up in a container, so just refrigerate what doesn’t get gobbled up immediately, and they will not dry out.
Nutritional Facts (I entered all the ingredients into Calorie Count)
Serves 12 // Calories per frosted cupcake- 160 // Total Fat- 5.9g // Saturated Fat- 3.9g // Cholestererol- 35mg // Sodium- 178mg // Total Carbohydrates-18.7g // Dietary Fiber-1.5 // Sugars- 12.6g // Protein- 8g