I actually took these pictures the next day as I had the leftovers for my lunch.
Dare I say that it was even better the next day?!
Isn’t that the case with a lot of dishes? The flavors just need to settle into each other sometimes. One of the many reasons I always make extra!
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon crushed garlic (I cheat and use Trader Joe’s pre crushed :))
- 1 Teaspoon Crushed Ginger
- 1 white onion
- 2 Cups shredded Carrots
- 2 Cups Diced Mushrooms
- 2 lbs ground turkey (I like to make a lot so we have leftovers :))
- Avocado for garnish. Not necessary, but the creaminess of the avocado was so good with the savoriness of the dish. Plus…avocado on everything, I say!
- Jar of your favorite pasta sauce.
- 2-4 large sweet potatoes. We all each had just half, but if you only have small sweet potatoes, or love them…do more!
Start your sweet potatoes ahead of time!! I’ve tried numerous times, and they ALWAYS take longer than they are supposed to! This might be the ONE thing that pushes me over the edge to finally try my Instapot….that has been sitting there unused for the last two years, because I’m scared of it haha. BUT…
- Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet or a baking pan, pierce with a fork and bake for an hour, or until the inside is soft. It took my ginormous ones an hour and 15, so fair warning if you are on a time schedule for dinner!! 😦
- Dice up onion while your potatoes are cooking…you’ll have plenty of time 😉
- Sautee 2 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil with garlic, ginger, and onions for about 5 minutes.
- Add in ground turkey (or any ground meat!)
- Add in diced mushrooms
- Add in shredded carrots
- Either add Trader Joe’s “Everyday Seasoning” or…add all the things…I’m lazy.
- Add in your pasta sauce.
- When potatoes are done, take them out, cut in half if big, or slice down the center if small or medium. Crush it up a little.
- Spoon on meat and veggie mixture, and top with avocado!