Summer is here (at least it feels like it with temperatures reaching 90 in Seattle this past weekend) and it’s a great time to grill food.
This is a unique and flavorful pesto made with parsley, cilantro and tarragon. Serve over Marinated Flank Steak or with Turkey Breakfast Patties (I will post a recipe for those on Thursday) or chicken. Enjoy! 🙂
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 bunch cilantro (3/4 cup)
- 2 sprigs tarragon and more for garnish
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp sea salt
- pepper to taste
- In a blender, puree parsley, cilantro, tarragon and olive oil until smooth.
- Blend in lemon zest, salt and pepper
- Serve or refrigerate in a glass jar for a few days
Thanks for the inspiration Paleo Cooking from Elana’s Pantry, originally called Salsa Verde!
Wow! I would love to try this with chicken 🙂 Yay! looking forward to the Turkey breakfast patties recipe…