If you like cucumber, you will love this drink!
- 2 1/4 cups water, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded, to taste
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Ice, for serving
- Combine 1/4 cup water and sugar in a saucepan; simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and add mint and jalapeño. Cover and steep for 15 minutes; strain.
- Blend together cucumbers, lime juice and remaining water. Add sugar syrup, to taste. Strain and serve over ice.
Thanks PCC Natural Markets for the inspiration!