If there’s one thing I’m good at, it’s raiding the kitchen and pulling a meal out of my arse 🙂 That’s exactly what I did on Saturday, and it was delicious. Although, adding a soft boiled egg to just about anything makes it delicious in my book!Ingredients (serves 4)
- One medium yellow onion
- 2 Avocados
- 4 eggs (although, I gave the Huz 2 eggs on his salad, so…as many eggs as people want ;))
- Handful of almonds chopped
- 4 Tablespoons Goat Cheese (omit if you are trying to go Paleo/Whole30)
- Large handful of Arugula for each plate.
- Balsamic Reduction (can do on stove top or buy from Trader Joe’s) Drizzle over top to taste.
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add in eggs, and cook for 7-8 minutes depending on how runny you want the yolk. I did mine for 8. Remove and add cold water til cool.
- While the eggs are boiling, cut your onion in 1/2 inch pieces, season with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Grill on BBQ or on stove top until soft and a little charred. Then dice.
- Place arugula on each plate. Top each with half an avocado sliced or diced. Sprinkle almonds and goat cheese. Drizzle balsamic reduction, olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste. Crack the egg on top right before serving. Maya is pretty open to eating whatever we eat, but she doesn’t really like the taste of arugula. I wasn’t really sure if it was ok for her to eat a soft boiled egg, so I cooked her egg 2 minutes longer than ours, and just put everything else into a bowl for her. She gobbled it all up! 🙂